Monday, January 17, 2011

Lap Ovarian Drilling

I just had my lap ovarian drilling and dye test last 6 January 2011 at DEMC, Shah Alam after being diagnosed to suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - the way I understand it based on the explanation by Dr. Zamri of DEMC...is the inability of the ovary to produce hormone correctly, causing more problems, like in my case: irregular of period...sometimes no period at all for few months thus, no ovulation, no matured eggs and no pregnancy. I will have so many eggs, not matured and no ovulation, so, they will stay as cysts which produce more male hormone - the androgen. 

I was suggested to do the lap ovarian drilling to reduce the cysts and also the dye test to check whether my Fallopian tube is blocked. It was a huge experience to me though for the doctors it can be one of their minor surgical procedure. I was put in the general anesthetic (GA) and the procedure took like less than 2 hours. Brought into the OT at about 10.00 am and back to the day-care ward (well, you don't necessarily spend a night for this procedure, you can go home in the evening) before 12.00 noon. People say that the post procedure effect will depend on how your body takes it. For me, I didn't suffer much except for the wound. The procedure only involved the camera through my belly and 2 other holes on the left and bottom of my stomach. The doctor gave me CD on that procedure and  I saw a tool using laser was used to the ovary to reduce the cysts. With this procedure, the ovary is said to restart and thus, will help to regulate my period and the percentage of pregnancy will be higher.

10 days of MC was given and yes, you really need to rest...no heavy movement...proper food intake and most importantly is how you deal with the effect of the GA for the first 2 days after the procedure. Take your bath properly and make sure the wound is carefully and completely dry off. You have to rest, rest, and rest...

Hopefully, this experience will give me positive return as I am getting older and older everyday...

To Dr. Zamri and DEMC, thank you so much for your great hospitality and service...they even called me the next day to check whether I am ok and advised how to take care of the wound. Me and hubby appreciate it so much...we'll see you on 19 January 2011 for our next follow up appointment and hope everything will be fine as what we have been hoping since the first day we met you...http://www.demc.com.my/

I may explain about PCOS not the way you can understand it well as I am not well-verse with the technical terms, however, you may visit this link for better understandings...http://www.malaysiapcoscenter.com/

Those out there suffering like I do, please don't wait...just go and see the doctors...we may not know what are we going to be in tomorrows...
So, wish me luck on 19 January 2011 guys...

Till then, XOXO...


    

0 comments:

Post a Comment